Highlighted

Setting Premier Pro's Audio output to default Speaker | Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happen to have 3 audio output devices connected to my Windows 10 device. One headphone, one speaker of the laptop itself, and one bluetooth speaker. 

Windows 10 allows me to change the active speaker from the system tray but Adobe premier pro doesn't honor that. I have to go to Edit > Preference > Audio Hardware and change the default-output field to the speaker I want. 

How can I make Premier Pro just follow whatever Audio-output I choose on Windows 10 System Tray.

rajatch_0-1595516641237.png

rajatch_0-1595516730303.png

Topics

Audio, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Setting Premier Pro's Audio output to default Speaker | Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happen to have 3 audio output devices connected to my Windows 10 device. One headphone, one speaker of the laptop itself, and one bluetooth speaker. 

Windows 10 allows me to change the active speaker from the system tray but Adobe premier pro doesn't honor that. I have to go to Edit > Preference > Audio Hardware and change the default-output field to the speaker I want. 

How can I make Premier Pro just follow whatever Audio-output I choose on Windows 10 System Tray.

rajatch_0-1595516641237.png

rajatch_0-1595516730303.png

Topics

Audio, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that there is a way to have it do it automatically if you're changing it frequently. Personally, I have a shortcut for Audio Hardware (Ctrl+H) to make it easier to switch inside of Premiere. I feel like I heard about this functionality recently - maybe it's in 14.3 (I'm still using 14.2), or possibly it's in an upcoming update. Or maybe someone else knows something I don't 🙂 It would indeed be convenient.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
rajatch LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Phillip. Yeah, it's very problematic right now. In the work from home, situation I have different audio devices connected for meetings, music and normal browsing. Painful to keep switching it when using Premier Pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0