• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Settings for smooth slow motion on Premiere

Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am editing 50fps footage to be exported as 25fps. Some shots need to be in slow motion. So I just slowed them down by 50% (optical flow)

and they look alright.

I was wondering if this method is good. I've read somewhere that you actually need to set the whole sequence as 25fps, throw the 50fps footage there

and then do the final export at 25fps. Isn't this the same as just setting at 25 fps ONLY when you export?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Hi Lucy

In general you want your sequence to be the framerate you want to output. Let's say your desired output is 25, then you male a sequence with that framerate. When you drag footage that's 50 in, it will look 25. Then you can change the duration to 200% and it will look smooth. The other option is to reinterpret the footage in the project window from 50 to 25, then when you drop it in your 25fps timeline, it will be half as fast and be quite smooth. You can even duplicate your footage in the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucy

In general you want your sequence to be the framerate you want to output. Let's say your desired output is 25, then you male a sequence with that framerate. When you drag footage that's 50 in, it will look 25. Then you can change the duration to 200% and it will look smooth. The other option is to reinterpret the footage in the project window from 50 to 25, then when you drop it in your 25fps timeline, it will be half as fast and be quite smooth. You can even duplicate your footage in the project window and have have one at 50 and one at 25 (slow mo).

Hope this helps,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

I have been editing on a 50fps sequence and the edit is pretty much done. If I set the sequence to 25fps now, will the edit stay intact?

Also, why set the duration to 200%? Shouldnt it be like 50% for slow mo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a new 25fps sequence and copy and paste the entire edit into the new sequence and everything will be the same. I always preserve my original sequence as a backup.

You are right about the 50%. Some apps use 50% for length some use the percentage for speed. PrP and AE use percentages opposite form each other.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This isn't working for me. I shot in 59.94 and I placed on a 29.97 timeline. I select speed/duration and move to 50% but it stutters. If I frame by frame it, I see that it only moves every other frame, it's not using all 60fps slowed on a 30 fps timeline.

Same things happens when i right click in the bin and select interpret footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines