Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing custom Workspaces in Premier Pro

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to share/back up my presets, setting and workspaces in Premier Pro & Media Encoder but cannot find any way of doing this. 

This is for backup and also so I can import them into the Beta versions.

Thanks,

Matt

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only tell you for Windows: Go to your documents. In there you will find a folder "Adobe". It includes basically everything you have customized.

For example on my machine the workspaces are in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\<PPro version>\Profile-<username>\Layouts

The keyboard settings are in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\<PPro version>\Profile-<username>\Win
... and so on. There are plenty of files and subfolders in that Adobe folder, so you gotta do some digging. But it's all there.

In case you are on a Mac simply look for a file called "UserWorkspace.xml" in Finder. That should lead you to the folders where all your Adobe stuff is.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. 

I have found the files buy cannot see which is which they all have the same name "UserWorkspace". The issue comes from the fact that I am trying to use Beta version of the Premier Pro & Media Encoder on my M1 MacBook Air but it hasn't pulled accross the presets and Workspaces from the current version (like when you upgrade) it's very frustrating.

I now have stuff in the normal veriosn I cant access on the beta and have created new ones in the beta version I cannot see or use in the normal verions. It's very frustraing.

If anyone can tell me howe to move things accross in a sensible way. I have tried to use online sync but it it doesn't work on the beta. 

The other thing is that I would like to use the same settings on more than one Adobe Creative account so being able to export/import these things would be extremely useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines