• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shift color to slightly less yellow on specific items

Advisor ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a shot of tools in toolboxes being revealed by opening and closing drawers.

This one clip has tools with orange handles that are more yellow than I want.

I didn't have a lot of room to light the thing cause it's a very tight space.

I used a polecat vertical with 32k light at top and full CTO on window sunlight to knock it down to 32k.

very simple in very tight space.

SETUP.jpg

the orange handles on following screen capture is what I want to work on....

TOOLS.jpg

thanks !

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

I would start with white balances then some curves.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply the Lumetri effect and then use the controls under both the 'Curves' and 'HSL Secondary' sections. You may be able to isolate the areas you want to modify using only curves eg. 'Hue vs Sat' but if it is too broad then try the HSL Secondary section. You can also add a mask to the whole Lumetri effect to ensure it is only affecting a certain area of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike. I think the mask is the way to go, cause the other stuff effect everything else too.

Don't know if I want to bother... cause you don't know what they look like in real life ( and these items are not color corrected from manufacturer ). On food commercials and stuff like a box of corn flakes is shown on tv they are special color corrected boxes, made for specific color interpretation ( 32k back in the day ).

I kinda thought I'd introduce a subject that actually gets beyond " my computer doesn't work" and " my footage is shaky" and " I don't get video but just audio " stuff... which bores the heck out me.

thanks for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start with white balances then some curves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann. I haven't gone into the color stuff yet... but that's what I'll do first... check scopes and levels and see what happens with that. I screwed up by opening and closing drawers with my right hand but didn't light my arm ( foreshortened a lot ) or hand...so it's really ugly...

Might be able to get some movement of drawers and avoid the hand ( and arm part ) but it's more important I get off my butt and do the edit first and then do the color. I also discovered that my right hand has a tremor in it ( thumb ) which I never noticed before...yick !  I got old !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann, you got me thinking about basics (levels and stuff ) so I checked camera and found out I had it set to 56k shooting 32k light,, so I went back into editor ( braw source ) and changed from 56k to 32 and it's fixed,,,

yippee...

wb to 32k.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines