• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift in color when toggling between proxies on and off

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I'm using versions 15.2 on my laptop I see a shift in color when I toggle between my proxies on or off. When I use version 15.1 I don't have that problem. The result is a washed out export. I tried this with several of my projects and all of them show the same behaviour. The footage is all shot with the Canon R5, HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2.

My system:

Intel (R) i7-8550U CPU, 1,80 GHz, 1992 MHz, 4 core('s), 8 logical processors
Intel (R) UHD Grahpics 620 GPU
Memory (RAM): 20 GB

I added some attachments

[Branched: different issue, title edited by mod]

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you probably should start a new thread as your problems seem different from the original post.

first of all, exports always reference the camera original not the proxies (at least that's the way it's supposed to work)...  so toggling the proxies on and off while it might show a difference within premiere should not effect the export.  What are your export settings and have you tried bringing an exported file back in to premiere and see if it displays correctly?  

And HEVC is a bear of a format.  Might try transcoding to an all i-frame format like prores 422 hq and see if you see the same behavior.   You'll also get much better performance and faster rendering and expors within Premiere.

And you might try changing your renderer in your project settings geneteral panel

I also don't see your graphics card listed in Premiere system requirements

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Michael Grenadier , I saw later that this isn't the right section to post this thread. I also posted it elsewhere now.
I know that exports don't take proxies into account. That's how I want it, but I want to be able to do my editing while viewing my proxies. That always worked so far also with the 'terrible' HEVC-codec. I tested it yesterday on version 15.1 again and there I don't have the problem. Toggling between proxies on/off gave the same color/grading results as it is supposed to.

So I don't think I'm looking at solving this issue by transcoding the footage to a different codec as the problem didn't exist in the previous version.
Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines