• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shifting Inaccurate Waveforms

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I updated to 15.1 and found a truly infuriating problem. When I'm zoomed out on the sequence, the audio waveform is inaccurate. I was cutting audio before the waveform and discovering that audio was being cut off. When I Cntl-Z to replace the audio, and zoom (on the sequence), it shifts the audio to where it "really" is. I can't comfortably edit while zoomed in all the time, and am wondering if anyone has a solution to this?

Note the below pictures as an example. Same frame in the Sequence, just zoomed in 1 time.

1.png2.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Apparently it's a known issue with certain codecs and they're working on it. Sending it through Handbrake was the solution provided and it worked for the file I was using.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to try re-setting preferences.

Have Premiere closed.

On Mac hold down Command/Option/Shift and click on Premiere's Icon to open the software, keep holding the keys and let your system make changes.

Same process for Windows but hold down Control/Alt/Shift.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't seem to work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently it's a known issue with certain codecs and they're working on it. Sending it through Handbrake was the solution provided and it worked for the file I was using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue? Since April 2021? It is now April 2023. Here I am into a project, with a deadline in 6 hours. I have to take three clips and sync them in the timeline. Something that should take literally less than 1 minute for me to do manually in the timeline. Certain codecs? The clips I'm matching were exported out of Adobe After Effects! So Adobe makes files that Adobe's software can't handle. This is crazy. I have spent the past 2 hours trouble shooting this. From updating the software, creating new projects, moving things into different audio tracks, going back a version, re-updating, clearing meda cache, restarting computer, searching for answers, and then I find this thread finally. And there is NO RESOLUTION!!!! The resolution that is excepted can't be to go use another program outside of Adobe to fix this. I am not able to use Handbrake on this machine. this is unacceptable. I am a professional video editor and media producer, and one of the most basic features for video editing is zooming in on the timeline to move a clip to match audio. How is this still an issue? I now can't meet a deadline. This is the 4th time in the past 3 years an Adobe bug has impacted a deadline of mine. I've attached video of the issue below. Adobe, you need to give me some free years of service on this one, as this known bug from over two years ago will now cost me thousands of dollars since I can't make my deadline now. I'm thinking of starting a new youtube channel just for these clips below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And transcoding the footage upon import is no option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from January 2024, problem is inexplicably still here, thought I was going mad, searched for it and arrived at this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is one of the most annoying issues I've ever encountered with Adobe. Please, please fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines