Shooting 2 chromakey colors

Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A project I've been working on involves a shoot where an actor is behind a greenscreen. He breaks through the screen, creating a hole, and delivers lines. The director wanted to key an image onto the greenscreen so it looks like the actor breaks open the image (easy enough). But then he wanted to put another image behind the actor, to give him a different background inside the hole, but when they shot it was just dark (not quite black, and not consistent) back there. Clearly, they didn't think this completely through and there will be some dirty rotoscoping in the finish. But it got me thinking, are there ever shoots with 2 chromakey colors? I know Larry Jordan shows the 2-color chromakey with graphics, but has anyone ever shot for this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shooting 2 chromakey colors

Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A project I've been working on involves a shoot where an actor is behind a greenscreen. He breaks through the screen, creating a hole, and delivers lines. The director wanted to key an image onto the greenscreen so it looks like the actor breaks open the image (easy enough). But then he wanted to put another image behind the actor, to give him a different background inside the hole, but when they shot it was just dark (not quite black, and not consistent) back there. Clearly, they didn't think this completely through and there will be some dirty rotoscoping in the finish. But it got me thinking, are there ever shoots with 2 chromakey colors? I know Larry Jordan shows the 2-color chromakey with graphics, but has anyone ever shot for this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 22, 2020 0
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't ever done it in an actual project, but you should be able to use multiple instances of Ultra Key or KeyLight (AE). You might need to nest or precomp between applications, but maybe not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2020 0