• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut relinking media to new transcoded clip

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have an existing sequence which was done in h.264 (I KNOW I KNOW) and I  recently transcoded all of the clips to prores. I'm looking for a shortcut to relink all of the clips in the sequence to their new prores counterparts. Right now I have been doing the following for each clip: 

Make offline -> Relink media -> Locate -> unchecking 'display exact filename only' -> manually copying the filename without the extension -> navigating to my new prores folder -> pasting the filename in the search window-> selecting the clip-> link media 

I have tried unchecking "file extension" in the match file properties menu but it still includes the file extension in the search. Apart from the new file extension of .mov the filenames are exactly the same. 

I have over 500 clips in this sequence so as you can imagine this is extremely time consuming. I know I SHOULD HAVE TRANSCODED BEFORE EDITING but this is the situation I'm in so please just keep the feedback helpful! 

Thank you kind forum responding folks! 

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?