• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I be afraid to update to Premiere Pro 14.0 ?

Advocate ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using v13.1.5 and finally got all the bugs out and it works like a charm after months of reading,  researching and online help here.  No crashing, fast processing, fast everything.  I feel like an editor again.

But then, from the depths of cyberspace, comes PPro 14.0  

Do I dare?  Is it worth the risk off taking on potentially a whole new set of bugs and problems and for what?  To spend more hours on the phone with the call center and making new posts here begging for help?

Did you download the new 14.0 ??  Any thoughts?

I'm thinking, if it ain't broke, don't update it.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

2019 and 2020 are seperate installs.

You can download 14.0 and test it but leaving 13.1.5 for your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 and 2020 are seperate installs.

You can download 14.0 and test it but leaving 13.1.5 for your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann said, you can keep your older version when installing v14.

It's not a good idea to upgrade in the middle of a project. Generally updates are beneficial in the issues taht are fixed or new functionality that is available. You can see issues that have been fixed at:
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right.  But it's the temptation of having the most current versions for all the programs.  I feel like I'm missing out if I don't.  So, I did, and a bug came up with masking.  But, I'm avoiding that area, so far so good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's crashing when you delete a mask point? Have you tried the old Trash Preferences, which fixes a lot of weird ... stuff. Or deleting the cache/media cache database files, which also fixes a lot of weird stuff. After either/both, relaunch Premiere of course.

Have to ask, naturally ... as project files do get corrupted ... is this happening across projects or only in one?

I do a fair amount of masking daily, and can't replicate this. Nor have we had others on the forum complaining of this. So ... something is odd in your setup or conflicting somehow in your setup. Not saying it's not an app problem necessarily ... just that the problem is somewhere there in your setup or Premiere dealing with something on your machine.

Which ought to be fixable.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got completely screwed when my PC had to have a  restore, and all apps have to be reinstalled.  My PC is 6 years old and will NOT allow the update graphics card needed to run Premier 2020/V14.  And of course,  Adobe can't even keep around a few years worth of older versions (we're just talking 2019 here, 2 damn years ago).  So I have no Premier til I can afford a new computer with new graphics cards, etc.  So freaking annoying, I can't even tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines