Highlighted

Should I change my AMD Radeaon R7 450 graphics card for Premiere Pro ?

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently start a job where I need to edit and export a lot of video.

The problem is that it take me 8 hour to render and export just a 30 minute video in H264 3840x1080 (yes it's a strange format).
My computer at work is equiped with an Intel I7-6700, 16Go RAM and an AMD Radeaon R7 450.

The GPU acceleration (OpenCL) is enable on my Premiere Pro project.

I did the same export with my computer at home and it only took me 30 minutes to export the video with the same settings. I have the same config but instead of the AMD R7 450, I have the Nvidia GTX 970.

So my questions are :

- Do you think the problem come from the AMD graphic card ?

or

- Do you think there is an other problem on my computer at work or in my Premiere Pro preference ?

Thank you in advance, it's hard to work with those 8 hours of export...

Topics

Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Should I change my AMD Radeaon R7 450 graphics card for Premiere Pro ?

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently start a job where I need to edit and export a lot of video.

The problem is that it take me 8 hour to render and export just a 30 minute video in H264 3840x1080 (yes it's a strange format).
My computer at work is equiped with an Intel I7-6700, 16Go RAM and an AMD Radeaon R7 450.

The GPU acceleration (OpenCL) is enable on my Premiere Pro project.

I did the same export with my computer at home and it only took me 30 minutes to export the video with the same settings. I have the same config but instead of the AMD R7 450, I have the Nvidia GTX 970.

So my questions are :

- Do you think the problem come from the AMD graphic card ?

or

- Do you think there is an other problem on my computer at work or in my Premiere Pro preference ?

Thank you in advance, it's hard to work with those 8 hours of export...

Topics

Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0