Highlighted

Should I keep my AE and PR cache in the same location?

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made custom folders to seperate my PR and AE cache and I use them for every project from now on (it helps me keep all my cache organized). Is this good practice? Also, my cache database is the same amongst both programs, so I need to make a new Cache database folder. Any advice would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Should I keep my AE and PR cache in the same location?

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made custom folders to seperate my PR and AE cache and I use them for every project from now on (it helps me keep all my cache organized). Is this good practice? Also, my cache database is the same amongst both programs, so I need to make a new Cache database folder. Any advice would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you can export individual tracks separately in Premiere, you'd need to either create separate sequences and export each, or toggle on / off tracks and export each.

Another option is exporting an EDL or XML for editing in another app. If you're not rendering any effects on top of the video, this is the way to go.

What's your target editing application?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, you'll need to export each track.  In order to preserve any transparency on the exported graphics layer, you'll have to choose a format that supports an alpha channel and the appropriate settings can be a little tricky.  So export a short section and bring that file back in to premiere and superimpose it over some video in a sequence and make sure it's compositing properly.  In quicktime, I think you've got a choice between animation and prores4444 with alpha.  prores4444 will create much smaller files that will play much more easily the quicktime with the animation codec.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0