Highlighted

Should I Update Premiere Pro to 14.3.1?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since getting the latest update on Premiere I've been running into issues. Occasionally my Macbook will crash (usually while exporting), the preview window will have an incredibly low frame rate, and it tends to run slow. Admittedly,  I don't have the highest quality computer to run it and I'm not very tech-savvy despite my day job being reliant on using Premiere Pro. 

Here are my computer's specifications:

• macOS: Catalina (V. 10.15.5)
  • Processor: 3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
  • Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 
  • Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R_Neil_Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

That unit could barely work with Prmiere 2019, the 13.x series ... I'm not suprised it's having issues with the 2020/14.x series.

The newer version (and all forward ones) need a LOT more hardware than what you've got to actually work decently.

Neil

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Should I Update Premiere Pro to 14.3.1?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since getting the latest update on Premiere I've been running into issues. Occasionally my Macbook will crash (usually while exporting), the preview window will have an incredibly low frame rate, and it tends to run slow. Admittedly,  I don't have the highest quality computer to run it and I'm not very tech-savvy despite my day job being reliant on using Premiere Pro. 

Here are my computer's specifications:

• macOS: Catalina (V. 10.15.5)
  • Processor: 3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
  • Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 
  • Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R_Neil_Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

That unit could barely work with Prmiere 2019, the 13.x series ... I'm not suprised it's having issues with the 2020/14.x series.

The newer version (and all forward ones) need a LOT more hardware than what you've got to actually work decently.

Neil

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Is there anything I can do to help it run more smoothly? Or do I just need to start investing in a new computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New computer, period. Sorry 'bout that, but I don't know how many computers we've been through in our shop over the last 30 years. Our top-level machine (normally my workstation) needs a replacement every 3-5 years. Almost always by the fourth year. We ripple machines through the shop ... my old one moves to next heaviest need, and on down the line. Oldest one goes to recycler.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows system with a lot of horsepower, and am experiencing crashes on export. You did not say what version you are currently running, but 14.2, and from my observations, 14.3.1 are problematic (apparently with NVIDIA graphics cards/drivers). I would discourage the upgrade, and defer to R_Neil_Haugen on his opinions of performance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0