Highlighted

Showing video through center of a photo

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am trying to figure out how to show video through the center of a photo. For example: Take a photo of a Christmas wreath and then be able to remove open center area. Then play a video or show a different photo in this center area and retain wreath. I have looked through many youtube videos but have not been able to find answer. As you can probably tell I am a novice. I do have Premiere Pro and Photoshop.

Phil

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Showing video through center of a photo

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am trying to figure out how to show video through the center of a photo. For example: Take a photo of a Christmas wreath and then be able to remove open center area. Then play a video or show a different photo in this center area and retain wreath. I have looked through many youtube videos but have not been able to find answer. As you can probably tell I am a novice. I do have Premiere Pro and Photoshop.

Phil

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could say put your other (center) image on V1, your wreath on V2, then use a mask on V2 that is aligned with the inner edge of the wreath. Sizing the mask and setting the 'feathering', how the blend happens between the two, is of course the tricky part.

They have tutorials on using masking on the Adobe sites, and there are also many on YouTube/Vimeo on how to do this sort of thing.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you taking the photos yourself? If so, try to put a bright blue cloth behind the wreath where you want to put the video before taking the photo.

When you drop the photo on your timeline, add a color key to it from the effects window. Use the color picker from the effect controls window and pick the blue cloth. Adjust the parameters until all the blue cloth disappears. Move the photo to V2 and put your video on V1.

Another option is to remove the background in photoshop, make sure the "hole" where you want your video is transparent, and save the photo as PNG. Import the PNG into Premiere and put the video underneath.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thank you so much I will try tomorrow.

Sent from Phil’s iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. I tried both and both work but better results in Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0