Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shutdowns and Terrible Performance on a High End Computer

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I don't know what to do anymore and i am totally pissed of. I bought a 8500 bucks computer (Mac Pro 2019, 12 Core Intel Xeon, 48 GB Ram DDR4 ECC, Radeon W5700X 16 GB Graphicscard, and every single Adobe programm performs horrible on this Computer. Sudden Shutdowns, extreme prerender-Times for the easiest FX, even a tiny lyric-Video leads to a Shutdown. Unfrotunately i can't translate the system Log, but maybe one of you can or simply knows what i can do. It is a Joke. I am paying 60 bucks a month for this performance. Excuse my language ^^but i am so stressed out with this non stop issues.

I hope someone can help me out.

Best Regards 

Max

[abuse removed by moderator]

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What´s your hard drive setup and how are they connected and how much free space do they have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Averdahl,

thx for the quick answer. I have an integrated T2 SSD with 250 GB and installed an 1TB Seagate SSD m.2 via PCI Express, where i've put all the cache folders to.

Cheers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

700 GB Free Space available should be enough in my opinion.

The Programm is allowed to use 36 GB of Ram. In my case this is exact 3/4 of the total amount of Ram i own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

700 GB free space out of 1 TB is good. But, as a test; What happens if you set all media cache files to the internal drive and also move one project/assets to the internal drive? IOW, exclude the PCIe disc.

You wrote "...every single Adobe programm performs horrible on this Computer.". That points to an issue with the computer such as bad OS install, bad SSD, bad RAM, bad GPU, issue/s with disc permissions, etc. It can take some time to test everything and pinpoint the issue.

Which other apps do you have problems with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing i check is the OS Install. Currently i am downloading Big-Sur and update everything to the newest version of OS. I remember that i set everything to the PCI e Drive, because i had these issues even with all caches on the internal drive. But i will check if it will work when the project itself is saved on the internatl drive, too. 

How can i test if the CPU or GPU is bad? Benchmark?

One other Program it is constantly having problems with is Pro-Tools. Everything else, which isn't a lot to be honest, runs fluently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember that i set everything to the PCI e Drive, because i had these issues even with all caches on the internal drive.

By @Max Roxton

O.k, got it. It seems that the PCIe drive is not to blame then.

How can i test if the CPU or GPU is bad? Benchmark?

By @Max Roxton

I am not a Mac guy but @Kevin-Monahan should be able to help out. He will reply to this thread. (Check the RAM as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

probably the gfx card. try software render and it shouldn't crash anymore. the W model may have problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now as you say this, there is one thing to mention. From the beginning i had the issue that every time the computer came out of sleep mode, my screen had some weird colors on it and every once in awhile the colors are loaded very desaturated. I thought it may be some issure in loading all drivers fast enough after sleepmode, but with your words in mind, this could  be a symptom of some bigger problems.

Do you have any idea how i could check the card best?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2019 Mac Pros do not use a genric ATX architecture. Are they more prone to malfunction because of this? The video below might be worth watching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Max,

Trash media cache and reset R/W permissions, including enclosed folders. Details here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-basic-troubleshooting-amp-maintenance-for-premiere-p...

Please also give details of your media type and the camera that shot the footage. Any workflow issues, such as usage of effects and color grading is helpful, as is sequence info.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines