• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Side Panels Frozen

Explorer ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this problem suddenly a couple days ago and it really sucks. My side panels for example, effects, essential graphics, ect. (also Learning, Assembly ect.)So all of those when I first open premiere are black. I will click something like "sequence" up in the top and then the panels load again but they are frozen. I click on effects in my effects panel and they don't show I clicked them until I again click "sequence" at the top or any one of those. I have tried Reset to Saved Layout countless times and nothing. 

Another thing is that the whole problem seems to be slowing things down a little too, sometimes I will be moving a clip or even moving around my timeline and when I click off premiere, it will un hook and I have to keep on pressing the arrow in the toolbar for it to work again. One time I fixed it and had no idea how but then accidentally crashed premiere pro and ended up with the problem again.

All I want is to finish this project in peace and have this fixed for 1 more time and then I will reinstall premiere pro.

Answers to future questions; yes, I have updated to the newest version (in fact I updated half way through still having the problem no fix) Yes I tried reset to saved layout so many times and other editing presets no fix. The pictures are when I first open premiere and don't touch anything.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Cannot Render
-Moving my timeline cursor does not have an animation, and moving clips around doesn't show where I am moving them until I let go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Pro version is 15.2 currently, but it was 15.1 when I first got the problem

Computer Specs: 8GB of Ram, Windows 10, 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core 3.20Ghz, RTX 2060 6gb

If needed any more info about that just let me know.

Sequence settings are in the screenshot.

And could you please tell me what you mean by Source Properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select a clip in the timeline or in the bin/project, control click and choose "properties."

8 gigs RAM is pretty low and might be part of the problem.  If you can update to at least 16 or even better 32 gigs, might help the situation.    Updates often require better hardware...   You might try reverting to an earlier version of Premiere, perhaps 2020...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know 8GB (DDr4) is pretty low and for now, I cannot upgrade, would there be any settings I could adjust to help it load?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, will reverting to a previous version corrupt or ruin any files? I just wanna confirm because that could be the fix, if it mostly started around when I updated then you are probably right. I will try and let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Delete any nested audio: see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines