Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since 2017.1 update, playback error

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I have recently run into an issue following the update to 2017.1 Premiere Pro CC. When trying to playback my project from any point in the sequence, after clicking the play button, it will correctly change to the "stop" button indicating that it should be playing but there is no playback in the program monitor. If I click the "stop" button again, it won't even change back to show the "play" button. In addition, the program seems to slow down greatly and even gets to a point where I have to pull up my task manager to exit it. Weirdly, before I press play after opening my project, I am able to scroll through the whole sequence of all my clips and see the preview in the program monitor. But as soon as I press play is where the issue begins. I never had this problem since the update and I am running on a fairly powerful PC ( Core i7, GTX1060, 16GB RAM). Any thoughts? Thank You!

Kelly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Trash preferences and plugin cache by holding down shift + alt while opening Premiere.

Make backup of all your presets.

Trash all media cache as shown below.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files |Adobe Community

See if that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reboot after updating?

Make new project, import old one and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did reboot, multiple times, even re-installed the program. This is even when I try to make a new project from scratch... no playback on the clips I put into the source monitor or program monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trash preferences and plugin cache by holding down shift + alt while opening Premiere.

Make backup of all your presets.

Trash all media cache as shown below.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files |Adobe Community

See if that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me. Never had this until the new update I just installed. 2GB nvidia 950, i7 latest generation, 16 GB of RAM, SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me!! Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, will not play back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines