Highlighted

Since PPr 14.3.0 Undo Queue stops adding new changes until Restart App

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced an issue where the Undo Queue stops adding new changes until you restart the Premiere Pro application?

For example I might change some keyframes and then edit some markers and then maybe create a new sequence and when I look the last Undo step would be the keyframes and no matter what additional actions I take no other step in my workflow adds to the Undo.   ( this is not a specific order of things just an example )

If any of you HAVE experienced this and have upgraded to 14.5.0 please let me know if it seems to be fixed?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Since PPr 14.3.0 Undo Queue stops adding new changes until Restart App

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced an issue where the Undo Queue stops adding new changes until you restart the Premiere Pro application?

For example I might change some keyframes and then edit some markers and then maybe create a new sequence and when I look the last Undo step would be the keyframes and no matter what additional actions I take no other step in my workflow adds to the Undo.   ( this is not a specific order of things just an example )

If any of you HAVE experienced this and have upgraded to 14.5.0 please let me know if it seems to be fixed?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked and I'm not having that problem. I'm on 14.5.0, MacOS 10.15.7. Have you checked how many history states you have? Open up your History panel and click the hamburger menu (the three lines to the right of the panel label, "History") and then pull down to History Settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  It seems to be a random occurance.  Sometimes will work well for hours and other times within a few minutes my History stops recording.  

It was set to 32 but I have changed it to 500.

I presume that at the "32" setting after 32 actions the oldest history entry would drop off and the 32 newest would remain.  As far as you know is this understanding correct?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I believe that is correct. The oldest actions drop off and you have access to the latest actions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be a little leary of setting it to 500.  Might create issues.  Don't know if the undo "buffer" is saved to disk or lives in RAM.  If it lives in RAM 500 might be too much.  Why not try something a little less extreme like 50 or so?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0