• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since update 15.2 Premiere Pro will not start

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, since the update 15.2, Premiere Pro refuses to start. Updated today. I get the small startup screen but then nothing. Any ideas why? I have Windows 10. Can I uninstall the latest version somehow?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Did you trash all media cash before opening 15.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the app freezes at the splash screen no matter what. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same thing. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Christina! Can we have a screenshot of your splash screen when it freezes? That would help! It's usually a bad 3rd party plug-in.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have taken two screenshots. It is just the splash screen, nothing happens other that the computer sounds like it is struggling 🙂

I have to "end task" in Task manager on my windows 10. (ctrl alt delete) to close it. I cant open the app at all since the update. I have the following system:

Acer Win 10, Nvidia gfx 1050 graphics card (latest drivers), latest intel drivers. Like I said; the last version worked fine. Can you tell me how to install the version I had before? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the CC page, does not resolve the issue. Thanks!

screen.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved by installing older version. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can reinstall the previous version that was working in the creative cloud app by clicking on the 3 dots (the elipsis) to the right of the premiere pro name in the apps panel.

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 2.28.43 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I cannot find that option, I can only choose Uninstall or Learn more:

screen4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I found it now. Thank you! Problem solved. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines