• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

size to export after cropping

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported a .dpx image sequence of a 8mm film in Oremiere Pro. The images are 2048×1700. These are more than a full frame of the film and have the sprocket holes and film edge plus the top and bottom of the frames on either side. I used the transform and removed everything that is not picture. How do I figure out how many pixels I removed or the current size? I don't want to export in the same 2048x1700 size but the new cropped size. I think my images will have a better quality but may be mistaken. Thank you.

Mary

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

you need to figure out what your delivery format is.   If it's for youtube, for example,  take a look at the youtube export presets available in the premiere export dialog under h264.  Then you'll probably want to scale and/or crop.  Also, the frame rate may be an issue.  Hopefully you know what the framerate the film was shot at (and if it was transferred at that frame rate).  You may have to do some research to see what frame rate playback options are available.  I'd recommend you make the spe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum, Premiere Pro.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many ways to do this, I would make the sequence match your proposed export size and then scale and move the footage to fit this sequence size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you need to figure out what your delivery format is.   If it's for youtube, for example,  take a look at the youtube export presets available in the premiere export dialog under h264.  Then you'll probably want to scale and/or crop.  Also, the frame rate may be an issue.  Hopefully you know what the framerate the film was shot at (and if it was transferred at that frame rate).  You may have to do some research to see what frame rate playback options are available.  I'd recommend you make the speed adjustments in your premiere sequence to get the best quality rather than letting youtube (or wherever) do it.  And I'd suggest you do a short piece and test it in your delivery format.  

None of this stuff is simple.  Even with a professional format like 16mm, things can get complicated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines