Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skipping frames during playback and render

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Im not sure what is going on here but all of a sudden the playback and render of random sequence clips is very glitchy and choppy. 

The confusing part is that it is doing it for random and seemly exactly same clips - file types, framerate and playback, file location all the same. 
I am playing them off a local video storage server, but even when copied locally, the file still plays back and renders choppy and glitchy.
I have updated to the latest version of PP2020 and the error still remains. 
These video clips played back fine a couple of months ago, then suddenly (overnight) changed and will not respond correctly. They playback fine elsewhere (quicktime).

The file attached is a example of rendered footage.

If I haven't included enough info, I can describe the issue further.

Thanks for your help. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try going into preferences and cleaning your disk cache.

On Windows go to Edit/Preferences/Disk Cache and follow the steps.

On Mac go to Premiere Pro/Preferences/Disk Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problems. 3 clips with same camera setting, fps and all, but one is super jumpy. I thought it was just the playback, so I tried to work through it. but even when render, it's jumpy the same. I've tried that one video to ProRes or H.264 in Media Encoder, but it seems like if it goes through any Adobe programs, that particular video will be jumpy. And it's not a RAM related issue. I cleared disk cache as well. This is frustrating so if anyone have a solution, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines