Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slip & Ripple tool flickering

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having a strange issue using the slip and ripple tools. As I drag them one way or the other I'm getting a flickering between the frame at the playhead and the typical edit "double thumbnail" view you get when using the tool. I've tried a couple different sequence settings as well as resetting my preferences and it hasn't solved it. I'm currently using version Premiere 15.0. I have a few plugins installed (Excalibur and Motion Bro), which I don't know whether or not could cause this issue..? My system info is below:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D300 2 GB

I've attached a short video demonstrating the problem. Thank you!!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Turn off (if checked)

Composite preview during trim.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issues on my new iMac running PP v15.0. Interestingly enough, the problem does not exist on my PC running the same version of PP. If you double click on the cut, it takes you to the ripple edit screen and in that case if you roll back and forth on the screen between the clips, it works, if on the other hand you click on the blue timeline marker and move that back and forth, you get the flickering. This seems to be a new behavior as we used this tool before with no issues.

Adobe, want to chime in here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JW Lee wrote:

I'm experiencing the same issues on my new iMac running PP v15.0. Adobe, want to chime in here?

Which version of macOS, JW?

Thanks,
Kevi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

We've got two machines running MacOS 11.2.3, but it also happened on 11.0. We have two 2020 iMacs 3.8GHz i7, 128GB RAM, AMD Radeon 5700XT 16GB. Both exhibit the same behavior. My Win10 PC is the same version of PP and it works fine (PP v15). It also seemed to work on a 16" MacBook Pro running 11.2.3 and I have another editor on a 2020 iMac running OS 10.15.7, 64GB RAM with the AMD 5500XT 8GB that seemed to work but I haven't tested it personally.

The problem is repeatable and consistant. Select N key, click on cut, drag to left or right to move edit point, instead of two windows with the selected clips you can move smoothly, you get flickering of those windows plus other frames that pop up. This makes it impossible to use the tool on the timeline. If you double click the edit point and it brings up the Ripple edit display, you can click in the middle between the two clip windows and move that way, but it doesn't show on the timeline. As a workaround, this isn't working for my team.
I'm wondering if this has to do with the video cards in the iMacs. Someone in your QA team should be able to recreate this easily.

Hope this can help get some answers from your developers.

Thanks

-Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried trashing preferences?

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

They are not my developers: this is a user to user forum. So am I: just a user.

Might want to file a bug report here.

Premiere Pro: Hot (1864 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of macOS, charles?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! It's Big Sur 11.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off (if checked)

Composite preview during trim.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann Bens,

Just tried this but the flickering still happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for me and my co-worker using the Slip tool within the Program Monitor.

It also happens when you use the hand tool within the Source monitor to move the in and out points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, same error.

Premiere 15.1.0

on imac 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,
Sorry about this. This is an issue on macOS Big Sur. There is a bug already filed. I will let the team know about the severity of this bug. Thanks again for reporting.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

macOS Big Sur 11.4

Adobe Premiere Pro 15.2.0 (Build 35)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, have the latest version of Premiere Pro and macOS Big Sur, was this bug already fixed? 

Thank you for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same here... =/

Adobe Premiere 2021 (15.2) and Big Sur 11.4....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same thing. A call with Adobe tech support said they are aware of the bug and are working on it. Sadly the 15.4 update that was just released did not fix it, so we'll have to wait longer for a bug fix.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines