Highlighted

Slip, Slide, Roll, One Shortcut

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using the contour shuttle pro to speed up my editing workflow.  It's got this great job wheel in the middle of it that I've found very useful for sliding a selected clip.  BUT if I want this to act the same way with slip, or roll I need to build a new setup for the device and click a button to toggle through the different setups which isn't ideal.  

Anyone know if it's possible to have these functions operate on the same shortcut but toggle via the tool selection.  It is essentially the same way it works if you are using a mouse of wacom tablet.  Hitting u and dragging the clip allows you to slide, hitting y and dragging the clip allows you to slip.

TOPICS
Editing, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Slip, Slide, Roll, One Shortcut

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using the contour shuttle pro to speed up my editing workflow.  It's got this great job wheel in the middle of it that I've found very useful for sliding a selected clip.  BUT if I want this to act the same way with slip, or roll I need to build a new setup for the device and click a button to toggle through the different setups which isn't ideal.  

Anyone know if it's possible to have these functions operate on the same shortcut but toggle via the tool selection.  It is essentially the same way it works if you are using a mouse of wacom tablet.  Hitting u and dragging the clip allows you to slide, hitting y and dragging the clip allows you to slip.

TOPICS
Editing, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, make sure your preferences are set to allow selection tool to choose roll and ripple without modifier keys. This means that depending on your positioning of the cursor, you get different tools naturally. It's faster of course.

Then see if you need to set another keyboard shortcut.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOOH that's a great idea.  I turned that off years ago.  We're getting somewhere.  That seems to have taken care of half of my want.  The other part I'm trying to figure out is slip.  Now that the device is working the way I want when I pick the end of a clip I can't assign the same shortcut to slip the footage if I'm selecting the clip.  Thank you for that solution!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 1