Hardware:

MacBookPro11,5

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz

Memory: 16 GB

AMD Radeon R9 M370X:

Intel Iris Pro:

Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Hi, I have a couple of issues that I thought might be rectified with updates, etc. I can't believe I'm the only one with the issue, but I can't find any discussions here specifically.

Basically, the slip tool preview windows are small if I have resized the source image. I used to get two screens filling the whole program monitor now I get two v small screens which are almost useless and sometimes a third or fourth screen meaning this function is next to useless.

Also when using the slip tool I notice I constantly have to amend one frame as the tool is no longer accurate, so I'll use the previews to find beginning and end of one shot then in the timeline that it will have a frame from an incoming shot. This happens ALL the time with the slip tool now and is a real pain in the proverbial.

Did anyone have any ideas? Is this a known bug, anyone else suffering?

Thanks for your support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Might want to turn off under the wrench in the timeline

composting preview during trim.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will get a third or fourth screen depending on whether or not you have a clip before and after the clip you are slipping. The smaller monitors are just to show you a indication of what the next clip is - you are not slipping that clip so its preferable to having bigger monitors to display the first and last frame of the clip you are currently slipping. This appears to work fine for me and is designed that way as far as I can tell.

If you are getting smaller preview monitors than expected, can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to turn off under the wrench in the timeline

composting preview during trim.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gahh! Thanks Ann!

Any ideas about the frame accuracy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have a issue with frame accuracy.

So dont know how to help.

Post screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried unchecking the composite checkbox however it only works for clips that have not been resized. Clips that have been resized appear tiny.

It's impossible to do a screen grab of either.

The issue with slip is when using the tool I am shown the new in and out frames of the clip but in the timeline, there is a 1 frame slip so it'll show 1 frame of the incoming or outgoing clip instead of the clip I've slipped...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thnig is happening to me!slip wrong.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines