Highlighted

Slow and laggy zooming in on timeline

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For several weeks now, I have had a problem with slow and delayed zooming in and out in the timeline. If you know which part of the hardware is responsible for this function, I will be grateful. I formatted and changed the disk, reinstalled the system (Windows 10), reinstalled Premiere Pro, updated Premiere. So the question is, is the GPU, CPU or Ram responsible for this function? A few weeks ago everything was fine. Now all the other functions (rendering etc) are still running fast. Only the zoom in and out on the timeline is a problem.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Slow and laggy zooming in on timeline

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For several weeks now, I have had a problem with slow and delayed zooming in and out in the timeline. If you know which part of the hardware is responsible for this function, I will be grateful. I formatted and changed the disk, reinstalled the system (Windows 10), reinstalled Premiere Pro, updated Premiere. So the question is, is the GPU, CPU or Ram responsible for this function? A few weeks ago everything was fine. Now all the other functions (rendering etc) are still running fast. Only the zoom in and out on the timeline is a problem.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your ideas but as I mentioned before I formated my PC, reinstalled Windows and Premiere pro so all of these ideas I already tried. That's why I consider the hardwer as a source of problems but I'm not sure what is responsible for zooming in and out on timeline - GPU, CPU, ram or maybe audio hardware?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics card do you have and what driver number is installed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia GF GTX 1060 6GB , I have driver 457.09 instaled now. But I tried the previous one too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found one thing which maybe can help to point the reason. When the window with Premiere is on full screen then zooming out and in on timeline is laggy and slowly. When a while ago I've made the window with Premiere a bit smaller, just with small margins around then zooming out and in works perfect. Any idea what makes Premiere slowly when it's in full screen mode in Windows?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening on new projects as well as old ones?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old ones and new ones

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
Peru Bob LATEST
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia GF GTX 1060 6GB , I have driver 457.09 instaled now

You should be using the Studio Driver Version: 456.71:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0