• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SLOW Captions in Premiere Pro 15.0

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding .mcc and .scc using the new Captions feature is slowing PP to a halt and make the program unusable until I close the sequence with the captions. This is true for existing projects/sequences (PP2020) with captions as well as newly-created projects & sequences with captions.

Downgrading back to 2020 for now. Anyone else experiencing this?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry no reply. I am seeing this slowdown, but I have not pushed it yet. 

Mac or PC?

How long and/or demanding was your newly created try?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have a PC (a brand new Lenovo with Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10750 CPU @ 2,60 Ghz), running Premiere Pro 15.0.0 (build 41, to be precise! :D)

The file(s) in question ought to be quite undemandning - single film clips of 3-4 min with simple added graphics + the caption track. 

The same problem occurs with imported rtf and with captions I create. It seems to increase with every added segment.

I have restarted program and computer several times, and I have no other applications running. 

Any help would be very much appreciated! 🙂

/ Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What actually happens that you need to restart? The program freezes or gets very slow? One user reported that they had to click in another panel before the caption sequence would become responsive.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying! What happens is, in order of appearance:

- The computer winds up and makes asthmatic noices, as if this was the heaviest work ever encountered

- The image in the monitor either freezes or goes black

- The playhead (?) in the timeline freezes

- The sound does NOT freeze, but continues playing. 

Clicking in other panels does not seem to make any difference yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC. I'm experiencing the same issues in Premiere 15.4.1. The original post was several versions ago...

PROBLEM REMAINS: The application is slow as molasses until closing the sequence with the captions (.scc file)

My machine:

Puget Systems B550 Vision D / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4Ghz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this post and the thread it is in for an example of possible workarounds:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/large-number-of-captions-locking-up-premiere...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no solution but the same(-ish) problem - when editing track from imported rtf file, also tried creating new closed caption-track. I can make one or two simple edits, then I have to save, close and reopen the project. New and capable computer with no other progras running, so capacity can't be the problem..

I'd be happy to know how to fix this! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines