Exit

Slow custom LUTs issue

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I'm running into a weird issue.

I've been creating my own custom LUTs in DaVinci Resolve and it all works great.

Though, when using them in Premiere, something strange happens.

The first time I apply one of the custom LUT, it appears instantly on the footage. Perfect.

Then, if I decide to apply any other custom LUT, it doesn't apply the change. It looks like I'm still applying the first LUT I clicked on.

Though, if I click on another app (even the finder) and come back to Premiere, it then finally applies the actual LUT. It's like it doesn't register the change of LUT unless I switch to another app, or apply the LUT twice in a row.

LUTs from Adobe (included in Premiere) - or even with 3rd party LUTs that I didn't create - work totally fine. No refreshing problem.

Any idea what could be the issue? Such a annoying and weird issue.

Thank you guys!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved.

For whoever reading this and who already spent 4 days trying to figure it out:

-Change the Video Renderer to Engine Software Only. It will update the LUTs right away.

Still not sure why I have to do that for my own LUTs and not for anyone else's ones but at least that's a workaround that is acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to pop in, and make sure ... you are parking those in the appropriate spots as in the chart below, I trust ... and yea, you have to create the Technical and Creative folders at the end of the tree.

Neil

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, totally did that 🙂 thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE:

Simply adding to this thread here as I found the reason why these custom LUTs, made with DaVinci Resolve where slow, buggy and laggy in Premiere Pro.

It took me 5 days to get to this conclusion and I hope that it will help someone else in the future.

The reason is that if you have a parallel node AND any serial node after that, the LUT doesn't work properly in Premiere.

So, get rid of anything after a parallel node, or simply don't use parallel nodes for LUTs.

Voilà 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines