• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow down export for the sake of the CPU?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to pursefully slow down the speed of exporting videos in Premiere Pro, for the sake of keeping the CPU temperature down? My CPU isn't getting too hot when exporting, but I'm worried about it getting to that point if I try to export a much bigger and more complicated project. Is it possible to tell the program "hey, don't worry about exporting this as fast as possible, take your time and go easy on the CPU, thanks"?

[Moderator note: Typo in title fixed]

TOPICS
Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea, but you might investigate "smart rendering" so that much of the heavy lifting is done before you actually export...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depending on your CPU and GPU and what video codecs you are using you might be able to have the CPU stay cool. I can keep my system's CPU somewhat cool. The video link below demonstrates my system in action. That being said once your CPU hits 90 degree celcius your computer should throttle down the clock speed. Hitting 60 and 70 degrees is OK. You can proably have your computer throttle down sooner by adjusting a few settings in the BIOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines