Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow down to a freeze frame

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

Im doing a trainging video, and I have some recorded footage that moves along the side of a train. (The person who filmed it didnt stop walking lol)

I need to go from normal playback speed, then slow down to freeze on a certain frame for the dialogue to play. Im hoping this will give a smooth effect, of the video slowing down more and more to the freeze frame. (I know it wont be really smooth in playback due to the frame rate, but id like to try and create this effect anyway.)

I hope this makes sense and thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not particularly intuitive so I'd suggest doing some googling for some tutorials.  I don't have to do this on a regular basis so I have to figure it out when it comes up.  I have this tutorial bookmarked so it may be useful for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJIPlt613yo

the trick to get amazing quality is to use "optical flow" frame blending in the speed change dialog.  It can really do voodoo but with some material it just doesn't work well.  

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to achieve a similar effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Robin, I just watched that tutorial Michael linked to and it's quite good. Did you take a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines