Highlighted

SLOW dynamic link Adobe 2020

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Everything was running smoothly between After Effects and Premiere before I updated Adobe 2020.

For some reason the dynamic link between the two softwares is very very slow... At first everytimes I used to edit and saved my AE file the dynamic link was broken and I had to relink all my files (which roughly takes 30/40mn to link 50 comps).

I have tried to clean cache on both softwares, preferences, uninstall and re install but nothing works... One thing that has been fixed is I have re imported all my AE files and replace them one by one on my timeline on Premiere and now the dynamic doesn't break however it's still super slow...

It never happened to me before like that, any idea how to fix that? or is it an Adobe issue due to the new update?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

SLOW dynamic link Adobe 2020

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Everything was running smoothly between After Effects and Premiere before I updated Adobe 2020.

For some reason the dynamic link between the two softwares is very very slow... At first everytimes I used to edit and saved my AE file the dynamic link was broken and I had to relink all my files (which roughly takes 30/40mn to link 50 comps).

I have tried to clean cache on both softwares, preferences, uninstall and re install but nothing works... One thing that has been fixed is I have re imported all my AE files and replace them one by one on my timeline on Premiere and now the dynamic doesn't break however it's still super slow...

It never happened to me before like that, any idea how to fix that? or is it an Adobe issue due to the new update?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us more info about your operating system?RAM?Processor?etc.

One thing that seems to help a bit is to have the AE project open – as soon as Premiere gets stuck on the dynamic graphics, quickly switch over to AE and then back again. It takes a second by hitting cmnd-Tab twice on OS X. Premiere might run sooth again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this but it doesn't change much, it is still very slow.

Here are my mac specs (usually I have no issue working with heavy files):

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 560 4 GB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need you to download a software called gfx card status so this software allows us to know which gpu card premiere is using the integrated graphics card (intel)or the discrete graphics card (radeon or nvidia)

and allows us to switch the one you're using with the other one also

https://gfx.io/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0