Highlighted

Slow Export on high end PC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. When exporting with hardware encoding enabled the process slows down about 18-30% into the export process. 

First, it takes off at a decent speed then it slows down to a crawl. Timeline is also not that smooth.

it used to be smooth on my old i7 with 16 GB of ram.

Current PC Specs: AMD 3950x 16 core processor, Nvidia 2070 super and 32 GB of Ram and editing on Sabrent rocket SSD

According to the task manager, the GPU is only using about 12-15% of its capacity 

when exporting then it dies out about 18-30% (timeline)  into the process.

2. I turned off hardware encoding and it turns out the I get the same values as when I had Hardware encoding turned on, so it seems that the hardware encoding is not doing any work at all. The strange thing is that the GPU seems to get activated at the beginning of the export even if hardware encoding is turned off?

The computer acknowledges that hardware encoding should be working, however, it does not seem to do anything at all?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Slow Export on high end PC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. When exporting with hardware encoding enabled the process slows down about 18-30% into the export process. 

First, it takes off at a decent speed then it slows down to a crawl. Timeline is also not that smooth.

it used to be smooth on my old i7 with 16 GB of ram.

Current PC Specs: AMD 3950x 16 core processor, Nvidia 2070 super and 32 GB of Ram and editing on Sabrent rocket SSD

According to the task manager, the GPU is only using about 12-15% of its capacity 

when exporting then it dies out about 18-30% (timeline)  into the process.

2. I turned off hardware encoding and it turns out the I get the same values as when I had Hardware encoding turned on, so it seems that the hardware encoding is not doing any work at all. The strange thing is that the GPU seems to get activated at the beginning of the export even if hardware encoding is turned off?

The computer acknowledges that hardware encoding should be working, however, it does not seem to do anything at all?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many things depend on what is on the timeline and the export.

Post screenshot export settings and clip used in mediainfo in treeview.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for replying.

The timeline has very usual and simple 1080p videos with max duration from 10-15 minutes, no color grading or high GPU and CPU usage stuff. mainly I use it to stitch multiple videos to one single video.

Exported at CBR at 20 Mbps. Rest everything is at default. with H.264 

At first, GPU kicks in for about a minute and the premier shows less time left to complete the export. But suddenly GPU usages drops to 0 to 15 % and export time increases. This happens throughout the export and with every single project.

I can hear the GPU fans when they kick in and when they stop. This has happened after updates from adobe. Before GPU export was consistent.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots as requested.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

supportx.jpgsupport2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot of a clip in MediaInfo windows 

I find your sequence settings odd.

60 fps and upper field with a hdv resolution. That does not look right.

On a side note turn off max render and hardware encoding.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1