Slow File menu response

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the File menu, it takes at least 5 seconds to open. Then, the Export sub-menu takes an additional 5 seconds.

This only happens when the Sequence panel, Program Monitor panel or Audio Track Mixer panel have focus. If any other panel (the Project panel for instance) has focus, the file menu responds without delay.

I submitted a bug report for this six months ago and have had no response.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Resetting Workspace: Window > Workspaces > Reset to saved layout ? 

Or reset app preferences (hold alt+shift at the start) ?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I'm actually forced to do that every time I open a project because of another reported bug involving inactive panels in dual screen workspaces. More on that here: FAQ: How to solve issues related to undocked panels in Premiere Pro v14.5? 

But to answer your question more specifically, "Reset to Saved Layout" doesn't help the slow File menu issue. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines