Slow images sequences playback

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently download the free images sequences player called "DJV" and what I do not understand is why this mini player can play my images sequences very smoothly but not Premier pro? Even if in jpg or png. I have 3 X 1080 ti + 64gb of ram + i7 8 cores with all the latest drivers, so I think I'm ready to rock anything here 😉  I make all the setup to maximize Premier for playback, buy doing multiples tutorials on that.
So my question is, why premier pro cannot play images 1080p images sequences as smoothly as "djv" so I don't have to always convert in proxies.

Please let me know! Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Formats, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabriel,

Sorry for the confusion. Engineering tells me that when it comes to performance, software that is written for simple video playback should not be compared with NLE software. NLE software is far more complex with many millions of lines of code. 

Tell us more about the source footage for you image sequence and perhaps we can assist. Oftentimes, images are not optimized for video. Are your images 1920 x 1080 or are they larger?

Thanks and hope to help.

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
aldamalights AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin!
Thanks for the fast answer! 🙂
Yes, normally my image sequences are 1080p in png (8 bit ) or jpg sequences (8bit) format made with Cinema 4D.

Thanks!

Gabriel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines