• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

slow motion and sequence

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey i am having problem regarding slow motion and sequence settings when using different fps footage 

so i shoot my videos mostly at 4k 24fps and 1080 120fps mix

i choose 24fps sequence and i know we can slow down 120fps footage 5 times that is 20% to match 24fps sequence (23.976) but what if i dont my 120fps footage 5 times slow ? some shots i just want to slow down to like 80% or 50% but the setting does not match because of seqence and slow motion doesn't look smooth at all 

how to edit different frame rates under 24fps sequence and slow down footage at different percentage?

i can't find any proper solution on internet please if anyone can help me this it will be great

thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you using a bmpcc 4k for both those frame rates ( BRAW ? ) ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no im using sony a7iii

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hmmm.

A friend sent me some footage from that camera ( is a nice camera ...quality ).. but I forget how the files were ....it was all 4k ....were they mov files with h264 ???  Anyway, I did some noise reduction and a lot of level adjustments and had to proxy the stuff. I used DNxHD 220x ( 1080p ). I had all the 4k stuff on a 1080p timeline ( to scale and crop if I wanted to )....

If you are using a decent proxy you can maybe export an intermediate (using the cache ) and stick with KNOWN STANDARD FRAME RATES. For your 50% you'd be 60fps export for that intermediate.

basically dump every other frame. Should look smooth enough. Maybe use frame blending if needed.

So, you stuck with basically 24, 30, 60, and like that.... Then reimport intermediate and stick on timeline.

might work OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines