• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Motion Camera FPS

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a question that may be as much camera oriented as editing but i am wanting to start upping my slow motion game and i am confused on frame rates as they apply on how to switch between them. I have a full understanding of what they do but what I don't understand is how to swap between them on the run.  I shoot in 24 or 30fps. Assuming i want to shoot in 60 or 120 to slow it down my specific misunderstanding is how do tell the they guy getting ready to dunk a basketball to stop for a moment so i can swap over to 120fps..??? (Lol) seems to me the only way to do this would be either to have multiple cameras running with one in 24fps and the other in 120 OR shoot the whole thing in 120 from start to finish. If i were to shoot the entire sceen in 120 would it edit properly in Adobe? Would it make for large annoying file? Please advise im unclear how these cool youtubers are adding all of this awesome slow moe of their buddies skate boarding sessions on the run and gun... thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

better shoot at higher frame rates for slo-mo, so if you have 120fps go for it, drop it in a lower fps sequence,

then you can change speed later in post, by using interpret footage, clip speed, or time remapping,

and make sure you use the right frame interpolation like optical flow, check here:

https://www.rocketstock.com/blog/remove-slow-down-footage-in-premiere-pro/

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/mixed-frame-rates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines