• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow performance after updating to Adobe Premiere Pro (13.1)_02

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to 13.1 - Video preview playback is dog slow (virtually useless). Was fine on the previous release. Also rendering video is incredibly slow, short 4k clip that took 2-3 minutes to render previously now taking circa 2 hours !!

Something is chronically wrong with this upgrade.

Anyone else seeing this ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Hi philipl28736861,

Sorry for the performance issue. Have you cleared all old media cache of the previous version? FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

What are the system specs(OS, RAM, GPU, CPU)? Have you updated the GPU drivers to the latest version?

Are you logged in as an administrator?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. The same project, with the same exportation preset took 57 minutes to export, while in the previous version (13.0.3 Build 9) this lasted only 2 minutes. Another problem was, after downgrading it back to the 13.0.3 version it losts all my custom export presets...

Great, isn't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try trashing media cache (as Shivangi suggested) and trashing preferences. Working now? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, can you check your project / GPU settings? Is GPU acceleration enabled?

Also after clearing your prefs and media cache, please let us know if that helps.

Happy to help.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi philipl28736861,

Sorry for the performance issue. Have you cleared all old media cache of the previous version? FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

What are the system specs(OS, RAM, GPU, CPU)? Have you updated the GPU drivers to the latest version?

Are you logged in as an administrator?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us some more information about your setup?

What format are your source files?

Do you have Maximum Bit Depth enabled in your Sequence Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the newer version did not work out as I expected, I downgraded to version 13.0.3 again. So now I'm returning to version 13.1 to test what you said.

But, regarding my specifications:

There are 1080p (Canon) .MOV files and 4K .mp4 files (from Sony).

No, I do not have maximum bit depth enabled in sequence settings. About GPU acceleration, I did not check this in the latest version, but in the previous one it was enabled.

My Computer is a Dell G7 7588 | 1 TB + 256SSD | 16 GB RAM | i7 8750H | NVDIA GeForce GTX 1050-Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting media cache has cleared it up, thanks Vidya for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. After the update to 13.0.3 my Premiere pro was soooo super fast I was shocked and super happy about it.

Now I updated to 13.1 and it is the slowest it has ever been.

I am using a Razer Balde "14 with a GTX 1060 16 GB Ram and 1 TB SSD Windwos 10

I cleared all my cache files the performance is still slow.

I tried downgrading back to 13.0.3 but I cant open my project files anymore. I can't continue with my work like that !

Why am I actually paying money for this *facepalm*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you delete the actual media cache folders?

Another good area to check is related to GPU driver versions.

Can you confirm if your laptop also have an Intel GPU? In this case, it's very important that you have a current GPU driver for both Intel and Nvidia GPUs.

It would also be helpful to understand more details about the project.  When did you update, etc.

Also, please remember that Adobe support is available to work with you directly on this issue.

You can open a case with them via call or chat at this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything. Downgraded to 13.0.3 and now the timeline works with $k and multi-cam. Even the source window was pathetic.

I9 9900K

32GB 3200Mhz

Video on 256GB m.2 ssd | OS on 512MB ssd

GTX 1060 6GB

All was fine until Adobe pushed 13.1 and took away Encore. Bought Pinnacle 22 Ultimate to handle dvd's and video after my subscription ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have this problem. Been using Premiere since 2000, then as an employee in the Norwegian Broadcasting Corp (NRK). Now, as a retired senior, I do not need upgrades which will sliw down my trusty iMac. I'm going back to version 12. Works fine for my small needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines