Slow processing since 14.7 download

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a 10 min video and the processing is really taxing my iMac.  nothing more than a few subtitles. 

4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
SD hard drive for storage

Never happened with other versions.  I tried downloading the fix for 14.7 but it doesn't recognize my Creative Clound account and asks me to either purchase PP or start a trial.  How do I get access to the fix for 14.7.  Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Slow processing since 14.7 download

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a 10 min video and the processing is really taxing my iMac.  nothing more than a few subtitles. 

4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
SD hard drive for storage

Never happened with other versions.  I tried downloading the fix for 14.7 but it doesn't recognize my Creative Clound account and asks me to either purchase PP or start a trial.  How do I get access to the fix for 14.7.  Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 04, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 4-core i7 is perhaps older ... what's the age of that machine? Premiere is built to run on more cores these days. One major internal ongoing process is updating the code ... each version dropped will have some updated code, and that will make it more difficult for older machines to work with Premiere.

But more stable on newer machines.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2021 0