• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Rendering and Export Times

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I bought a Macbook Pro in October of 2020, with the primary goal of video editing remotely. At first, everything was going fine -- export times were considerably faster than my previous computer -- but recently, rendering and export times have more than quadrupled. I have troubleshooted what could be causing this and I am at a loss. I have GPU enabled. I have cleared spaced on my harddrive. I have deleted media cache files. I have considered updating my OS (it's currently Catalina 10.15.7) but I somehow doubt this would solve my problem... Nothing seems to be working. 

What confuses me most is that export times definitely use to be faster, as recently as several weeks ago, on this very computer. 

Here are the specs for my computer: 

Processor: 

2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory: 

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics: 

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

In general, the computer seems to get very hot when exporting, and even sometimes while editing, so I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue? 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should also add that I'm editing on Adobe PP 2020, v14.5. I can update to the latest version of PP, but I suspect that won't solve my problem! 

This is what my CPU usage looks like while my videos are exporting: 

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.26.15 AM.png

 228% of CPU usage seems... weird? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines