Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small delay after export

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am editing my footage recorded with my iPhone 11 + SmartMike. When I am editing the audio is perfectly synchronized with the visual part but after exporting it has a slight delay which makes it uncomfortable to watch. What can I do to fix this?

I tried researching the internet and tried multiple "solutions" (Handbrake / changing the fps / frameblending / etc) but without any success.

Is this a common known problem and how can we solve this?

Kind regards,

M

TOPICS
Audio , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The core issue with iPhone footage does seem to be variable frame rates, which can best be fixed using Handbrake. Are you sure you have created a fixed frame rate version of the clip before editing this in PPro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response 🙂 Yes, and even checked inside of PPro at Properties and indeed "Variable Frame Rate Detected" has disappeared. But when exported the slight delay in audio/video is still there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share a screenshot of your export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 22.18.57.pngScreenshot 2021-02-04 at 22.21.50.pngScreenshot 2021-02-04 at 22.24.46.pngScreenshot 2021-02-04 at 22.24.56.png

These are the screenshots, from Handbrake to PPro.

Still having the delay...

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere to avoid sync issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots show timeline is not standard but derived for vfr footage: there is you out of sync issue.
Might forgot to set Handbrake to contant.

Converting videos with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which screenshot and how can you tell?

Thanks!

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Source sequence is defined as 29,999 fps, while the destination is 30fps. The first is not a standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did all of the steps and it still doesn't work well...

What could be the culprit here?

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Handbrake you need to both check the CFR crcle and set a specific number in the frame-rate box. Or it isn't fully CFR output.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noted your sequence settings (in the Export dialog Summary section) show a sequence frame-rate of 29.999, which is never a "normal" frame-rate. That would indicate this sequence is still using metadata from a VFR "point of view".

So I would start with a new sequence, drag/drop the 30fps clip onto the sequence from the bin, and see what your sequence setting frame-rate is. If that shows then as 30fps, you should be able to continue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! 

I am really staring myself blind now, it is very hard to see the difference because it is so subtle. Does somebody has an Eagle-eye for this? I have uploaded 3 versions now:

- Original iPhone Footage https://youtu.be/dQvUMu2nAPc

- Handbraked exported CFR https://youtu.be/69o2vuJ1iPw

- Handbraked Footage PPro Exported 30 Fps https://youtu.be/j8o6L4BIf_k

Is it right now or is it still slightly off?

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody see any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines