• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snap tool not working no matter if I enable it or disable.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my adobe premiere pro is not allowing me to use my snap tool reguardeless of enabling it and disableing it. I have also updated my pc to the lastest version of it and have the required specs. If this is not resolved I will move to a new editing program as this is flat out rediculous.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend re-setting preferences.

With Premiere closed 

hold down shift/control/alt on Windows and click on the icon to open the app. Keep holding the keys and let your system make changes.

On Mac it's the same process but hold down shift/command/option.

Hope that this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helped for a bit, now I cant zoom in and snap clips together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only snap clips if it is really close or zoomed out anything in the middle doesnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had this problem recently too and was resolved here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cursor-problem/m-p/12157323#M355604

Thanks to Ann Bens: "If you have any nested audio in the timeline delete those or disable Show audio waveform.

See how that goes. This is windows only. Edited: and mac."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

had a similar issue. I accidentally pressed a ctrl+shift (something) and it locked out my preview pane
If you right click on the program preview panel Theres an option thats says "Display mode" and then select Composite Video

For some reason Multi-Camera was selected and that disabled my ability to snap and edit through the panel. Move it back to Composite Video and you can edit freely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines