• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So, is VFR bug fixed yet? On premiere pro 2020, VFR videos from iphone 11 are still bugged/glitched

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a bug, it is the lack of a feature

Video editing is not at all the same as simply playing

Convert VFR to CFR before editing

Use the link below to make a request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We pay for video-software, that does not let us edit our videos. I see posts back from december 2018 about this problem and it's still not fixed.

I gave Adobe Media encoder a try, and all the VFR videos are converted with stuttering/restarting while the audio continues playing.

I've added this problem to the  "ideas" section.. 

EDIT:
I've uploaded a video so you can see whats going on, you can see that the video playback restarts after 2 seconds:
https://monosnap.com/file/CHoSbT9M1ray6CtikinArL30k9FfIi

Sometimes it runs for 10 seconds fine, then it starts replaying, or starts stuttering. Very annoying and uneditable!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no point in converting VFR with AME. You need to use Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using handbrake, but if i receive 40+ videos to edit for vlogs, I cant afford converting all the time. + A 3d party solution for something that should work in the first place is not how adobe should approach. Add the VFR support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best Post Ever! A simple and direct question, with uploaded video as example.

But the result is the same, I am looking for a answer from ADOBE for more than 1 year and nothing comes.

They know this bug, we pay for this video-editing-software and they keep avoiding or just  run away of a simple answer. This is not a client oriented way to deal. 

Adobe, please, just say it, like "well, we cant do that", "we dont want to do that", "this is to expensive to us", "we are in a battle with Apple right now " etc etc. The problem isnt the answer, is the way you treat costumers. If you be more transparent we can stop making this kind of question, and we start to look for another solution ... simple like that..

Asking us to convert before edit? in 2020 ? .... is the same as asking us to use a walkman player for listening music nowadays ...it works but, come on !   SHAME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with you. Adobe has really bad customer service. They don't care us and they won't change anything, never.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Adobe" ... each program team for the many, many applications under the Adobe umbrella is a different group, often based even in different countries. Massive company.

The general customer service for 'help' and such can be horrid, though at times someone asking for the "video que" that's not mentioned anywhere can get bumped up to someone who actually knows the app. This is for phone or text/chat help lines.

As to the VFR thing ... no, it's not a bug. VFR is a right pain up the tushie for an editing application, and isn't produced by anything that was considered a "professional" device up to maybe three years ago. So they spent none of their budgeted engineer time on it.

That of course is different now, and there are often times pros have to use that awful media. Technically awful, as the audio is a 'straight' file and the video jumps all over the place. My Samsung phone for instance, when set to "30fps" ... and the file is checked ... will show varying frame-rates throughout the file from perhaps 27.3 to 31.2fps.

A couple years ago they did add some basic level of VFR support, though it's not capable of handling the range of compression and variance schemas many phones use. It would take a massive effort to keep up with the um ... ingenuity? ... of the people making the phones that might be used in Premiere.

So ... some phones, like my Samsung, and if you stay with 'standard' settings, can actually work somewhat decently in PrPro. Some have more issues, and some simply won't work at all.

Even with my Samsung media, I simply batch process them in HandBrake so they will work properly within Premiere. And of course, set that to working while I'll be away from the computer because it would be stupid to do it while I needed to be working. Doesn't take any time on my part this way.

Is it great to need to use HandBrake? No, of course not. But it does get the job done. And without my having to pay any attention to it.

But I'd a lot rather they put engineering time in things like the new Captions process they just added. And as always, everyone's mileage always varies.

Neil

Premiere needs a constant set of frames per second ... so it has to on the fly create them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines