Highlighted

So sluggish I can't work with Premiere anymore

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro used to work last a charm on my Dell XP 15 9570

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

32GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design

But since the last two updates, it is virtually unusable. Importing the videos on the project can take 20 minutes. I can't even play an Iphone video at 1/2  anymore. What is going on?!

I didnt have that premiere with previous versions and could  play 6K raw footage at full resolution no problem. Resolve works perfectly fine. I know about cPU and GPU, but Premiere is so slow I can't even use it anymore. Surely my laptop should be at least able to read a play an Iphone video at 1080p and full resolution. This is just madness. Also the last version crashes on me almost every 10-15 minutes.

Yes I've deleted the temporary cash and old media files. What can i do besides going back to PP 2019?

Topics

Crash, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

So sluggish I can't work with Premiere anymore

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro used to work last a charm on my Dell XP 15 9570

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

32GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design

But since the last two updates, it is virtually unusable. Importing the videos on the project can take 20 minutes. I can't even play an Iphone video at 1/2  anymore. What is going on?!

I didnt have that premiere with previous versions and could  play 6K raw footage at full resolution no problem. Resolve works perfectly fine. I know about cPU and GPU, but Premiere is so slow I can't even use it anymore. Surely my laptop should be at least able to read a play an Iphone video at 1080p and full resolution. This is just madness. Also the last version crashes on me almost every 10-15 minutes.

Yes I've deleted the temporary cash and old media files. What can i do besides going back to PP 2019?

Topics

Crash, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?