Highlighted

Solved Blu ray Error: "device error", Code "3"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blu ray Error: "device error", Code "3"
Note: CreateStcSequence: Fail can not open

I was not able to burn BD, folder and image file.
After two days of fighting, reinstalling Encore recreating new files nothing help.

This how I got to work!
Click with right mouse on Encore, properties, compatibility select "Compatibility mode" Run this program in compatibility mode for: windows 7

I hope it will work for you!

TOPICS
Encore

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Solved Blu ray Error: "device error", Code "3"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blu ray Error: "device error", Code "3"
Note: CreateStcSequence: Fail can not open

I was not able to burn BD, folder and image file.
After two days of fighting, reinstalling Encore recreating new files nothing help.

This how I got to work!
Click with right mouse on Encore, properties, compatibility select "Compatibility mode" Run this program in compatibility mode for: windows 7

I hope it will work for you!

TOPICS
Encore

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 24, 2016 2
Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your observations, joec37725596!

Much appreciated.

-Kulpreet Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you clicking on the Encore icon? Or in Encore. I'm on a Mac.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cats!  I've been using Encore CS6 for years.  Then, a few days ago, it quit working with Error Code 3 -- could not open a script file that was plainly there when I hunted it down.

Running on Windows 10 (current updates on July 22, 2018), setting Windows 7 Compatibility Mode resolved my issue!   Thanks!

I don't know what caused Encore to break.  Maybe an OS update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well,  I thought Encore was working again with W7 compatibility set.  That's no longer the case.  I cannot import timelines.  Encore just hangs on the import command.  It does not seem to be able to do any file IO.  Seems to be the end of the road for Encore for me.  Since there is no Adobe replacement, it may be the end of me using Adobe.

I've been messing with this for days.  Today I tried Uninstall/Reinstall.  Still no joy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of file? How are you trying to import?

Are you running "as administrator" (in addition to the W7 compatibility)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've been doing for years: m4v + wav as a timeline, administrator.  Although wav file is more recent since Media Encoder stopped transcoding the audio.  The import stopped working within the past 2 weeks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subject of this thread is wrong for my problem -- I've not been trying to burn discs.  But, I'd thought the W7 compatibility setting had solved my issue, so I used the thread.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A moderator might be able to branch your issues from this thread (beginning with post 3). But there might be a delay, so just start a new thread and post a link to this thread.

Code 3 errors come in many forms: the "note" is the meat of the issue.

Post the full text of the error message, and your versions of Encore (assume CS6) and PR/AME. Also the specific version of Windows you are running.

I am running Encore without basic issues like this on Win 10, version 1803.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created new thread:

Encore CS6 hangs on file IO

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I succeeded when I sent the movie mpg2 blu ray. I fought for 3 days. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution (compatibility mode) also solved my problem with an error code 3 coming up every time I tried to Build an .iso file out of Encore CS6. The files were built and encoded out of Premiere CC 2018 as h.264 and an ac3 audio file and I couldn't understand why it wasn't working. Thank you for sharing the solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you it worked for me
i recently upgrated my pc to windows 10 and its working fine on my end

I tried to Build an .iso file out of Encore CS6. The files were built and encoded out of Premiere CC 2019 as h.264 and an ac3 audio file and I couldn't understand why it wasn't working. Thank you for sharing the solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2018 0