Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

*SOLVED* Can't zoom in on Effect Controls panel to adjust keyframes

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere 13.1.5 build 47, windows 10

I can't zoom in to view keyframes well.  Other clips are ok, and even this one clip if I put the playhead coser to the beginning of clip it allows zoom. 

video here https://youtu.be/zl_bRRy2KsU

Adobe Premiere 13.1.5 build 47 can't zoom in to effect controls keyframes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Select Clip,

Go to hamburger menu in Effect Controls,

Right click and uncheck Pin to Clip at the bottom of the dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Unchecking Pin to Clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I don't know what unpin to clip, and searching isn't helping find what that is.  Can you give more clue what that is / how to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select Clip,

Go to hamburger menu in Effect Controls,

Right click and uncheck Pin to Clip at the bottom of the dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me a while to work out what a hamburger menu was but then all was gresat the solution worked thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the hamburger menu?! I can't find it...why do smart people always have to answer in riddles...can you help me, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

afbeelding.png

Hamburger menu as in panel menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question.

The hamburger menu is a term that editors sometimes use to describe what is officially called "The Panel Menu" in Premiere Pro. You can blame Avid for that one where it actually looks even more like a burger. As the former documentation lead, this is something I can ruminate about.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Ann Bens !! Such a weird thing, but you saved the day! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has been annoying me so much and I couldn't figure out how to phrase it when looking it up lol.

thank you so much for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This also tripped me up when coming from Final Cut Pro 7 to Premiere Pro CS5. I think FCP had no Pin to Clip feature; it's always off. I like to drag keyframes before and after cuts and transitions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it, I dont know how that was checked but unchecking it allows me to zoom again thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked is the default setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really, thats odd because I checked like all my other clips and none of them I looked at are checked Pin to Clip.  anyway, i'm fixed now thxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Pin to Clip is a setting for the Effect Controls panel, and not a clip-dependent setting.  So once you turn it off, it's always going to be off when you work in that panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I was still reading about this and just found that you've been educating people about this for over 8 years! Thanks again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, were did you read that?

I have been around these forums since 2004.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to learn more about what pin to clip does and came across this and recognized your name aha  http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2011/09/19/controlling-keyframe-placement-with-pin-to-clip/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That blog post does not exist any longer. Maybe I can dig it up from the grave.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it on the Wayback Machine and revived the blog post to my website: How to zoom in on the Effect Controls panel to adjust keyframes.

I'll create a FAQ for it when I have a moment.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When moving the playhead on the timeline, the clip that the timeline is over gets automatically selected.  That in itself isn't great, but I can deal with it.  The problem comes when I turn off Pin to Clip, then, in the Effect Controls panel, if I scroll past the ends of the clip, the timeline jumps to the next clip because it automatically selects it.  So you can't really place any keyframes outside the edges of the clip.

Does anyone know how to turn off the automatic clip selection that I'm talking about?  (I can make a short video to show what I'm talking about if needed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When moving the playhead on the timeline, the clip that the timeline is over gets automatically selected.  That in itself isn't great, but I can deal with it. 

By @LeeJ12

Turn off Selection follows Playhead under Sequence.

So you can't really place any keyframes outside the edges of the clip.

By @LeeJ12

That is when Pin to Clip comes in or rather to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines