• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SOLVED: create proxies on your C200 that Premiere Pro CC will Link to

Participant ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a session with Canon Support, I was able to arrive at a solution that lets Adobe Premiere Pro link to the proxies generated by the C200.

The key: Audio channels for your 4K footage and the proxies must match configuration for Adobe to link to your .mp4 proxies.

For instance, you cannot set your .mp4 proxies to 2CH, because your 4K footage will be 4CH.

Discussion:

When recording RAW to the CFast card audio can be set to one of two Audio Formats.  It can be either:

[LPCM 16 bit 4CH]

LPCM 24 bit 4CH]

When you are recording a MP4 Proxy, the audio will be either of the options below.  These options are determined under the Audio Format selection for MP4 clips.

[AAC 16 bit 2CH]

[LPCM 16 bit 4CH]

Issue and goal:

If you are trying to match formats you can select [LPCM 16 bit 4CH] for both the RAW and Proxy recording.

Solution:

You would do this by:

- Set the main recording format to RAW.

- Open the proxy recording [Sub Rec Format] submenu.

- MENU > [1 Recording / Media Setup] > [Sub Rec Format].

If necessary select the audio format to match. (This would be 4CH for both the 4K AND the .mp4 Proxies)

- Select [MP4 (SD Card)] or [XF-AVC (SD Card)] and then press the joystick.

Press the REC button to start and stop recording.

So, in summary, set your .mp4 proxies audio to match your 4K audio (4CH)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already shot the footage with 4 audio tracks and no proxies. Now I have to create h264 proxies and I can't. Is there a way to remove the audio channels in the CRM footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jake,

Sorry for the trouble. Do they have to be H.264? I think other formats can carry 4 channels, like ProRes Proxy or LT. You just have to create the proxy presets.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is wrong with my PC. Spent 2 hours with customer support trying to export Prores proxies but media encoder kept crashing. I had ended up having to make them on a different machine... oh well, I got it done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On to a new project now; I again had to make proxies on another machine, but now they won't attach to the fullsized media. So I am back to trying to make proxies on the regular machine. Prores and cineform causing media encoder to crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which computer, Jake?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines