• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Solved] How to Change MOUSE hotkey (for example, "Ctrl + Left Click")

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: So, I kept playing around with it and constantly pressed "Alt" while right clicking multiple times. For some reason, that reverted my "Ctrl + Left Click" setting to the Time Remapping hotkey....

Thank you for all the responses! Happy editing!

Original Post:

Hello all,

For some reason, when I press Ctrl + L Click, instead of the Time Remapping tool it has changed to a Ripple tool. I was wondering how I could change this back. Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your keyboard shortcuts?   could also be an idea to reset your preferences.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, the keyboard shortcuts section doesn't have any "mouse" controls I can see. I have reinstalled previous and current versions of PP so far, removing preferences and all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change/map keyboard shortcuts under the menu Edit > Keyboard shortcuts or CTRL/CMD+ALT+K.

Is this what you're looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just a heads up, shortcuts vary depending on the template you've chosen and the operating system of the computer.   since I'm on a mac and started with the fcp7 keyboard shortcut template, the shortcut for keyboard shortcuts bears no resemblence to what you've cited.    Just always a good idea if you cite a specific keyboard shortcut to mention this caveat.  When I started posting here, I'd cite the keyboard shortcut that worked on my system and get some puzzled responses.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the keyboard shortcuts section doesn't have any "mouse" controls I can see. I have reinstalled previous and current versions of PP so far, removing preferences and all. The "L Click" part is the one I'm having problems customizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm.  are you trying to access the "speed duration" dialog?  

Are you on the mac or windows?  You might see if there's something in the mouse control panel.  Have you installed any "drivers" for the mouse you're using?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I accidentally found a fix to it lol

I constantly pressed "Alt" while right clicking multiple times. For some reason, that reverted my "Ctrl + Left Click" setting to Time Remapping....

I run a PC and a G700s mouse, it's definitely PP that gave me the problem. It's all good now, though. Thank you so much, mgrenadier!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines