• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some audio tracks not exporting

Participant ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My exports have the dialogue exported but not the music. After 5 different versions of the same video, this is the first time its exported without the music. I turned off audio input, selected export audio and everything else. Adobe, please don't recommend me a complicated workaround, I pay Adobe to fix these problems, not make the user work around them. Please help, on a deadline, thanks. 

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Hello 

I'm sorry for your issue

Start with:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files

cause you told me that you already exported and worked fine so let's try to reset everything.

if it doesn't work so Premiere timeline may be out of phase, and therefore any playback of an outputted file WHEN PLAYED IN MONO may miss the music from the mix.

So my suggestion is to try to FILL LEFT or FILL RIGHT audio effect on the problem audio clips(the music). This will copy on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I'm sorry for your issue

Start with:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files

cause you told me that you already exported and worked fine so let's try to reset everything.

if it doesn't work so Premiere timeline may be out of phase, and therefore any playback of an outputted file WHEN PLAYED IN MONO may miss the music from the mix.

So my suggestion is to try to FILL LEFT or FILL RIGHT audio effect on the problem audio clips(the music). This will copy one channel over to the other, replacing the "bad side" of the stereo clip that was out of phase and cancelling the other channel. 

The audio fill effects can be found in the effects window, under Audio Effects > Stereo > Fill Left / Fill Right. To apply either of these effects, select the appropriate clip in the timeline and drag the effect onto the clip (or drag the effect into the Effect Controls window).

Hope that makes sense for you.
Let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the help, but why would it be out of phase NOW? I did the same export 5 times before, and the last few times made no audio changes and this is the first time it exported like this. I reset the cache, didn't work. I will reset preferences, but I cannot see as to why that would be an issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I can hear the music in my timeline, but it's not coming through in the export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! The "fill left" or "fill right" has fixed a problem that I could not figure out for YEARS. Thank you thank you thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's never easy to troubleshoot these problems from a distance, so please read this post carefully and answer the question in a systematic fashion.  And from your post, it's impossible to know your level of expertise.  Do not get offended if this stuff is obvious to you.  If I don't ask these questions, sometimes we miss the obvious...

tell us your source properties and sequence settings?    Here's the thing, there are some things that cause intermittent issues and although the previous versions had no problems, the problematic formats will sometimes rear their ugly little heads.

Tell us where your sources come from.  Any chance there are screen recordings or clips recorded on a smart phone?  

And although you can throw ALMOST any format at premiere, sometimes it's better to avoid these issues.    Generally, audio for video should be 48k 16 bit... uncompressesd and the sequence settings should match that.  If you have sources that are heavily compressed like mp3's transcode them to 48k 16 bit.    good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your patience and help. I will provide all the info, but funny enough, I just changed my audio format from 48k to 441k and it worked! Never had that issue before, weird.

Sequence Settings:

Screenshot (11).png

Source Info for Footage/Main Dialogue (This is exporting properly): 

Screenshot (12).png

Source for Music (This was NOT exporting properly): 

Screenshot (13).png

Should I transcode the mp3 music to 48k or should I keep my sequence at 441k for the time being? I'm on a deadline and I haven't done this before, what's your recommendation? Will it make a big difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey if you've got it working, just export it and put it to bed... but I'd definitely transcode the mp3's to an uncompressed format like aiff or wav.  I'm guessing if all your sources are 44.1 and your sequence settings are 44.1 you're probably ok, but if you're dealing with professional video formats either here or down the road, any material that's not 48k should be resampled and your sequence settings should be set to 48k.  As I said, sometimes you can get away with mixing sampling rates, sometimes not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! I was having the same exact issue. The mp3 track I was using wasn't matching my 48k sequence and export. I spent an entire day exporting the same project after trying different things until I came across this. Thanks again Authour and Professional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had trouble with audio track recorded using Windows Sound Recorder (11.2205.15.0) not getting rendered properly (either not rendered at all or partial render of audio clip).  Other elements of the video, including audio sourced from iPhone 12 @4k, rendered out to 2K would render fine.  This problem does not always happen, but when it does for a particular video, it is repeatable.  I haven't isolated what elements of the job creates this problem, but I create a number of videos using the same workflow and formats with no problems with most of these jobs.

Tried restarting Premiere Pro & Media Encoder.  Tried deleting all Cache files.  Tried moving problem audio clip around a bit.  Problem persisted. 

Finally, right-clicked problem audio clip and did a Render and Replace.  The problem audio clip then rendered as part of the video as wanted.

Details:

(Premiere Pro Build 62, Windows 11, Intel 12900, 64MB RAM, 2TB SSD, NVIDIA 3080)

iPhone Video source 4K video/Source Audio Format: 44100 Hz - Compressed - Stereo.  Audio processed by Premiere Pro Essential Sound to increase amplitude 4dB.

Windows Sound Recorder: 48000 Hz - Compressed - Stereo, Processed with Premiere Pro's Essential  Sound to equalize and increase amplitude by 6dB.

I don't know what the source of the problem is, but it would be nice if Adobe were to fix it and then let us know in the Update notes.  In the meantime, I've got to modify my workflow to include the Render and Replace step before exporting to Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it would be nice if Adobe would "fix" this problem (if it is an adobe problem and not a Windows Sound Recorder problem or some other third party's issue), but this is not the place to report the problem.  Although Adobe employees do sometimes post here, you need to report the bug here and will sometimes report the issue, here is where I think you're supposed to report it.    https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone else is still having this problem, here's what obviously went wrong in my audio mixer, that was preventing the audio track included in the render: My automation mode setting for the missing track was set to OFF. The track came back when I changed it back to READ. Perhaps very basic stuff, but I didnt't know and ended up spending an hour trying to figure out what the problem was. Hope this helps someone.

Screen Shot 2023-07-03 at 20.35.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like some in here, I had trouble with music. This was good, 48K 16Bit audio that I could hear when editing but not when exporting. Simple timeline setup as far as I could determine. THE SOLUTION, FOR ME: Create a new track with the same settings as the track with the music, move the music to the new track. Works! No idea why, but it exports now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me Ben - Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same solution as well - not sure if I acciedentally pressed a hotkey or something but adding a new track was the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines