My exports have the dialogue exported but not the music. After 5 different versions of the same video, this is the first time its exported without the music. I turned off audio input, selected export audio and everything else. Adobe, please don't recommend me a complicated workaround, I pay Adobe to fix these problems, not make the user work around them. Please help, on a deadline, thanks.
I'm sorry for your issue
cause you told me that you already exported and worked fine so let's try to reset everything.
if it doesn't work so Premiere timeline may be out of phase, and therefore any playback of an outputted file WHEN PLAYED IN MONO may miss the music from the mix.
So my suggestion is to try to FILL LEFT or FILL RIGHT audio effect on the problem audio clips(the music). This will copy one channel over to the other, replacing the "bad side" of the stereo clip that was out of phase and cancelling the other channel.
The audio fill effects can be found in the effects window, under Audio Effects > Stereo > Fill Left / Fill Right. To apply either of these effects, select the appropriate clip in the timeline and drag the effect onto the clip (or drag the effect into the Effect Controls window).
Hope that makes sense for you.
Let me know
I appreciate the help, but why would it be out of phase NOW? I did the same export 5 times before, and the last few times made no audio changes and this is the first time it exported like this. I reset the cache, didn't work. I will reset preferences, but I cannot see as to why that would be an issue.
Also, I can hear the music in my timeline, but it's not coming through in the export.
THANK YOU!!! The "fill left" or "fill right" has fixed a problem that I could not figure out for YEARS. Thank you thank you thank you.
It's never easy to troubleshoot these problems from a distance, so please read this post carefully and answer the question in a systematic fashion. And from your post, it's impossible to know your level of expertise. Do not get offended if this stuff is obvious to you. If I don't ask these questions, sometimes we miss the obvious...
tell us your source properties and sequence settings? Here's the thing, there are some things that cause intermittent issues and although the previous versions had no problems, the problematic formats will sometimes rear their ugly little heads.
Tell us where your sources come from. Any chance there are screen recordings or clips recorded on a smart phone?
And although you can throw ALMOST any format at premiere, sometimes it's better to avoid these issues. Generally, audio for video should be 48k 16 bit... uncompressesd and the sequence settings should match that. If you have sources that are heavily compressed like mp3's transcode them to 48k 16 bit. good luck.
Thank you for your patience and help. I will provide all the info, but funny enough, I just changed my audio format from 48k to 441k and it worked! Never had that issue before, weird.
Source Info for Footage/Main Dialogue (This is exporting properly):
Source for Music (This was NOT exporting properly):
Should I transcode the mp3 music to 48k or should I keep my sequence at 441k for the time being? I'm on a deadline and I haven't done this before, what's your recommendation? Will it make a big difference?
hey if you've got it working, just export it and put it to bed... but I'd definitely transcode the mp3's to an uncompressed format like aiff or wav. I'm guessing if all your sources are 44.1 and your sequence settings are 44.1 you're probably ok, but if you're dealing with professional video formats either here or down the road, any material that's not 48k should be resampled and your sequence settings should be set to 48k. As I said, sometimes you can get away with mixing sampling rates, sometimes not...
Thank you for this! I was having the same exact issue. The mp3 track I was using wasn't matching my 48k sequence and export. I spent an entire day exporting the same project after trying different things until I came across this. Thanks again Authour and Professional.