Highlighted

Some clips in my export are different than the ones in my sequence

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a video, but when I do the export is using a different part of the clip than what I have in the timeline/sequence. The clips that are affected are 120fps in a 24fps timeline. 

I have noticed this happens sometimes in the actual timeline as well.  I edit the clip, continue making the video, then when I go back in my timeline the clip is now at a different point.  If I do a speed ramp in the clip, the ramp stays there, but it is just using a different pair of that clip. 

Does anyone know what is going on? this is very frustrating.  

Topics

Editing, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Some clips in my export are different than the ones in my sequence

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a video, but when I do the export is using a different part of the clip than what I have in the timeline/sequence. The clips that are affected are 120fps in a 24fps timeline. 

I have noticed this happens sometimes in the actual timeline as well.  I edit the clip, continue making the video, then when I go back in my timeline the clip is now at a different point.  If I do a speed ramp in the clip, the ramp stays there, but it is just using a different pair of that clip. 

Does anyone know what is going on? this is very frustrating.  

Topics

Editing, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advocate ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, but I have no clue. need more info and I'm so dumb I still might not have a clue.

I don't use variable frame rate, but some do and run into problems. I put 4k stuff into a 1080p timeline and if I shoot 120fps I have to use full HD in the camera ( it can't do 120 at 4k ). So that stuff works OK for me. I proxy the BRAW to DNxHR ( cache it ). I shoot the 120 for slow motion and wouldn't dream of doing anything to change that ( speeding up or slowing down ). I keep stuff simple.

Good luck !

🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I shot in 4K, but 1080 for my 120fps. My timeline is 1080. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance these are VFR ... variable frame-rate clips? From a phone or screen-capture?

What created them ... and how were they imported?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think so , the footage was shot on a sony A6500

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clean-delete-or-trash-media-cache-files/td-p/....

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will be sure to include more info next time. I think the issue was I was using proxies. I did not interpolate the proxy footage of the 120 FPS in ME. I only did it in Premier. What do you think? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines