Some media completely disappeared from Premiere Pro document

Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title states, some clips from my Premiere file have completely disappeared. Nowhere to be seen in the Media Browser, Timeline anywhere. It only left clips from 3 sources that are visible on the Media Browser and Timeline. Other than that are just random empty spaces.

I don't understand why the files didn't simply show as offline or unable to be located but simpy gone. Any help?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Some media completely disappeared from Premiere Pro document

Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title states, some clips from my Premiere file have completely disappeared. Nowhere to be seen in the Media Browser, Timeline anywhere. It only left clips from 3 sources that are visible on the Media Browser and Timeline. Other than that are just random empty spaces.

I don't understand why the files didn't simply show as offline or unable to be located but simpy gone. Any help?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 12, 2021 0
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your backups and autosaves.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 0
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I had deleted my autosaves but there's only one which I think was the same. Is there any other way to check back on previous versions of the project?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 0
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a user error, deleted by mistake somehow.

If you've also deleted your autosaves, I'm afraid you're out of luck. You can try using a file recovery software and see if you can find a working copy of your project, but it's a long shot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2021 1