• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some movies will not play in all Blu ray players

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very perplexing problem with CS6 Premier & Encore.   Some resulting discs play in some Sony Bluray players but not all.   It seems to be a problem particularly with Sony "smart" players .   There is a delay after the player first detects the disc and before it starts.   During that delay some Sonys return to Home and do not play the disc.  I suspect the problem can be fixed because I don't have problem with every project. I try to use the same settings for all blu ray discs: h.264,  25 fps, 1920x 1080,  Some projects have menus , some don't.     Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the disks are compatible with the player and burner.

Also make sure your burner's firmware is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't access most of the old Encore forum posts. There is no guarantee that every disk will play even if some will. Some Encore workflows had issues, but not all the time. For example, sometimes a user would sent the end action on a beginning menu to itself. Sometimes it would work; sometimes not. It should be set to stop or to something else. 

Do all disks created from a particular project always fail? 

Have you actually confirmed that a disk that does not work on a Sony smart player does not work on (lol) dumb player?

Ann's points are the most likely issues.

You can post a screenshot of the Encore flowchart.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have found a solution after burning many, many trial discs.  The single difference between the disc that worked and those that didn't was that when the project was originated in Premier I made sure that 60i nonanamorphic was selected (as opposed to 50i, which is associated with PAL format).

As far I can tell the only chance to make this correction is when opening up a new project.   There are no property windows that allow you access to that property again.    If anyone knows different please let me know.   

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On making an Encore project you choose either PAL or NTSC (depending on the country you are in).

25 fps is PAL.

You keep everything the same, Premiere and Encore: don't mix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1080i would be your best option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines